Wednesday, November 18, 2009

getting the goods


while my nearest supplier (I thought i'd use drug terms sometimes to draw the parallel between the addictions that one can have...

mine? paints, fabrics, wire, paper, yarn, wax, wood, thread, ribbon, sequins, ric rac, glue- hot, mod podge, yes paste, etc…) of fabrics would be the universal JoAnn Fabrics. while the locality and generality of it’s chain store conveniences are nice, where I could lose the house at is a little fabric store in Bainbridge. I made dirk miss a movie one day when I told him I’d be “right back” and in so doing, came back waaay to late to still make our movie. (New York, I Love You was showing. when we finally did see it, it was fabulous) this little fabric store has it all- the vintage calico prints, hip patterns (I hate using the word hip, by the way.), and an expert waiting in the wings to give you advice and lessons on the sewing machine they have handy for just such occasions. the store is called Esther’s Fabrics. check it out- along with a movie and a bite at the vegetarian noodle place on the corner.

i want to make some skirts for adelaide with this fabric:

No comments:

Post a Comment