Thursday, April 15, 2010

Record Store Day


This is the one day that all of the independently owned record stores come together with artists to celebrate the art of music. Special vinyl and CD releases and various promotional products are made exclusively for the day and hundreds of artists in the United States and in various countries across the globe make special appearances and performances.

...an excuse to drag my darling husband to West Seattle's Easy Street records and browse through new
and old vinyls- as long as our kids will allow... (Sip on a Verite Coffee)
Maybe there will be a gem of a find- an old Cash album, Elliot Smith or Wilco priced just
right???
...Hopefully Aaron Martha and Sunday will be up for the outing, too.
Can I twist Dirk's arm to get me my much coveted and sought after Joanna Newsom?
Her lengthy ballads and soft metaphors blending with harps and trumpets...
Just makes me want to pick up a paintbrush and go to another world.
here's her Jimmy Falon performance that left me speechless with her talent- mouth twisting twitches and all:

****Update: I took my two little 'uns to W. Seattle on a "record adventure" and oh the fun we had. Reed was my little buddy eating grub food at Easy Street's greasy spoon (Hash Browns and French Toast) and rocking out to RunDMC. I love 'em! Here's a few of the pics. I know you won't love 'em as much as me, but i'll show them anyway. ;)<-upstairs in easy street
it started to pour the moment i got both kids in the car. 'whew!'

No comments:

Post a Comment