Friday, December 16, 2011

I am more

(because of You) I am more

more than a circumstance I cannot control
more than an ox with a burden
more than a series of catalogued mistakes
more than an broken soul crying out

I am more than


‘just’ a woman in a pair of high heels
more than ‘just’ a mom, exhausted and fulfilled
more than a set of morals & pleasantries
more than an embarrassed, clumsy, graceless, loud & unruly child

Because of You

I am peaceful
I am weightless
I am forgiven
I am redeemed
I am unconditionally loved
I am understood
I am KNOWN

I am embraced
Ashley Jackson 2011

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words.

    I am reminded of two great hymns "O God Our Help in Ages Past" and "A Might Fortress Is Our God"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thoroughly touched by that collection of vulnerable thoughts. Reaches to the pit of my soul. Thank you for sharing. -Erin

    ReplyDelete