Saturday, September 19, 2009

let's get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of france


I awoke this morning to Reed's exclamations and babbling. When the baby comes, he will surely be out of the crib and into a "big boy bed". Until then, he wakes me up from a distance with the sweetest disposition I have ever known of. How can someone wake up smiling and laughing? Surely, that did not come from me.

Dirk insisted I stay in bed while he got Reed and went to make breakfast. I arose lazily an hour later to Amaretto coffee in the pot, Reed running to and fro with a full belly and Dirk sipping coffee while reading the Saturday paper. Ahh... If every day started like this, there would be no need for grumpiness. I lit a few candles, wiped down the counters, plugged in my glowing pumpkin and settled in to join the crew. The coastal rain (more like drifts of wet fog swept through) trickled and I could hear the chickens clucking right outside. They were low on food, so I let them free range today. There is nothing more satisfying than pouring your cup of coffee and looking outside your kitchen window to see them squaking and eating windfall pears and apples that littered the ground.

I am just about ready to take on a new media for my art. I won't disclose the materials just yet, because I am cautiously curious to see if the medley of forms will take shape. Just wanted to encourage everyone else out there to bask in the simple fall rain, coffee in your hand, and family that surrounds. If you don't have any of those, come over here, we've got lots to share.

Dirk is fully engrossed in the UW vs USC game and I am eager to be a cliche little wifey and make bratwurst with sauerkraut and carmel apples. To be honest, the food is an afterthought for Dirk, as he laments UW's defense. He humours me, though and gobbles it all down. Happy All Day Saturday Morning.


**A little P.S.: after reading this I basked in the fact that we may be poor, but we sure are blessed. While running errands this morning, the Ingrid Michaelson song: You & I was blaring through my car. I thought I'd share it with you. It makes me happy because I love spooning, the south of France, and dancing. Listen if that all sounds like incoherent babble.

No comments:

Post a Comment