Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tomatoes

As i mentioned in a previous post, I loved my tomato crop. So I dedicated a post strictly to this year's tomatoes. David Gray sings "This Year' Love".... mine is tomatoes, this crop. I got the two heirloom varities from Tacoma Farmer's Market... Can't remember which stand, sorry. One is called Zebra Stripe- green with yellow stripes and the other is called Cherokee Purples. These big, bulbous things were so wonderful... I gave them to Reed fresh every morning for breakfast with cottage cheese. He loved these about as much as the peaches. Also, my Golden Pear tomatoes from last year came up all over my garden! I should have regulated them more and weeded them out, but they are such cheery little cherry tomatoes. I hope they come back next year. Oh, and I got a "Seattle's Best" meant for our wet and mild summers (ok in my book, but not so flavourful as Cherokee) and a "Siberian" which I say ditto as for both these last two. . Here is a fun site to order heirloom tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment